All our jewellery is designed to last for many years to come, but precious jewellery can dull over time if not cared for properly. Understanding how to care for and protect your treasured jewellery can help keep your heirlooms sparkling for generations to come…
- In between professional cleaning, we recommend using a soft toothbrush with a gentle soap and warm water. Rinse it well and ensure you properly pat it dry with a soft, lint free cloth.
- Avoid wearing jewellery when doing physical work such as exercise, cooking, gardening, heavy lifting etc.
- We recommend taking off all your jewellery whilst you sleep, especially necklaces and bracelets with fine chains.
- Remove jewellery when showering or bathing. This includes when on the beach, in the sea and particularly in chlorinated water as chlorine can be very damaging.
- Never expose jewellery to household cleaning products. If products do come into contact, gently clean them off straight away.
- We recommend putting your jewellery on after dressing but before applying make-up, creams, perfume and hairspray, and once they’ve dried.
- Keep your jewellery away from extreme temperatures and humidity, damp and direct sunlight.
- Each piece of jewellery should be stored carefully and separately. Different gemstones have different hardness and can easily scratch or knock each other if stored together.
- Keep any chains fastened to stop them getting tangled up in your jewellery box.
- Take extra care with pearls, which are soft and vulnerable to scratching.
If you ever have any questions about caring for your jewellery, please do get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to help.